Saturday 16 November 2013

The memory nest sketch challenge: selfie

I am playing along with the memory nest sketch challenge this month and the twist for this challenge is to use a self portrait. here is the link for anyone who wants to join in .http://thememorynest.blogspot.co.uk/p/make-it-monday.html
I've never really liked looking at my own photo, I find we are always too critical of ourselves so it takes time to become more comfortable with our own skin.
 I used the Papermania Spots and Stripe pastels range for my layers and used the creativity Club exclusive digital papers to make the doily using the x-cut die. the title is made up of several different Tim Holtz alphabet dies.
 I used a mask to add the poka dots with Tim Holtz Distress inks peacock and faded rose. the label font was made using the K&co smash label maker.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Katie, love the sentiment behind this, fab layout and live how you have used the product mix! Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous layout and love the papers and the bunting.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with the rainbow polkadot frame! Rainbows & polkadots what could be better! Very cute! Hearts from the MN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful layout, amazing job!
    Thanks for playing along with us at The Memory Nest <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie. I love your layout/smash book page. What a great title. I agree- we are all way too critical of ourselves. Thanks for playing along with us at tMN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your title and how you used a few selfies. Thank you for joining us at the Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete